Friday, February 13, 2009

It's been a while


I don't like it when our team loses. It's amazing how this emotional connection has developed between myself and the athletic success of a handful of individuals that I barely even know. That said, the recent losing streak has lessened my enthusiasm for writing in this blog.

Never fear, though! I'm still alive, and there's nothing that can get me fired up again like an upcoming home game against the hoyas.

In case you missed it, I did a little piece for the open mic week over at Hoya Suxa. I couldn't believe my good fortune when I noticed that I was walking behind a Georgetown cheerleader on my way home from work. The dude pretty much wrote that article for me. Seriously... he couldn't have looked more stereotypical if he tried.

Thanks also to Krystal for sending me the above photo of her sign. I wish I were that talented with construction paper and scissors.

Anyway... I am so pumped for the game tomorrow, and I'm confident that we will beat them by approximately 40 points. Hopefully the orange-out goes off well, but I have my doubts. I'll be back tomorrow with something, and I'm going to try to keep this thing more active through the remainder of the season.

Go, fight, and win.

No comments: