Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Who is this Sloopy you speak of?

So I found Wednesday night's women's game against Ohio State streaming online via the Big Ten network. The ladies played a good game, but unfortunately lost 71-78. They're gonna have to be better at getting things done under the rim; I saw way too many missed layups.

What disturbed me most, however, was the halftime entertainment. Here's a part of it. It's completely unedited. That is the actual music they played.





OK, first of all, I don't know what Ohio State's obsession is with Hang on Sloopy, but it's annoying as hell. All the band plays is the fight song and that. Why?


Second, that girl has nothing on is Ilze Luneau. She's been performing at Syracuse men's and women's basketball games since 2003. Not only is Ilze a better great performer, but she also has adorable, Syracuse-loving children that participate in the show.


So Ohio State, please have a better halftime segment planned the next time I decide to illegally watch your athletic events. Thanks.


EDIT: Ok, so apparently that is Ilze in the video. She traveled with the women's team. It wasn't the performance that was weird, it was the music the the Big Ten Network chose to air it with. My apologies if I offended you, Mrs. Luneau... I'm new to this blogging thing, and I guess I should do a little more fact checking

4 comments:

ilze said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ilze said...

that girl at Ohio State is me, Ilze Luneau. I traveled with the SU team from Syracuse. Thanks for your loyalty :)

ilze said...

just wanted to let you know that Ohio State for some reason put that Snoopy music on top of the actual music that was played at the areana duting the half-time show. I would never choose to perform to some kind of snoopy music... Hope to see all of you at the Dome this season.
Ilze

dkelz1888 said...

Busted. By the way nice looking blog.